By Rajen Harshé,Dhananjay Tripathi
Owing to its geo-strategic position and mineral wealth, Afghanistan has bought value within the inter-state politics of Asia in addition to global politics prior to now many years. This e-book outlines Afghanistan’s efforts to construct a good and peaceable democratic polity, with exterior army help from the USA and its NATO allies. It additionally analyses the nation’s improvement tasks with significant powers equivalent to India, the USA, Russia and Germany. The volume:
• brings to the fore ongoing tensions in the Afghan polity and its persisted influence on Asian/world politics;
• discusses topical issues resembling withdrawal folks troops and non-traditional safeguard; and
• offers views from students and specialists from worldwide, together with Afghans.
This paintings could be important to students and researchers in political technological know-how, diplomacy, sociology, sector reviews, and the normal reader.
Read or Download Afghanistan Post-2014: Power configurations and evolving trajectories PDF
Similar terrorism books
The USA is the single country on this planet that enables its voters to carry a number of overseas citizenships, vote in one other nation's elections, run for or be appointed to workplace out of the country, and subscribe to the defense force even of a state with pursuits opposed to these of the U. S. whereas holding their citizenship.
Delicate protection details (SSI) is a class of delicate yet unclassified details less than the U.S. government's details sharing and keep an eye on ideas. SSI performs a very important function in every kind of safeguard. it really is details acquired within the behavior of safety actions which, if publicly disclosed, might represent an unwarranted invasion of privateness, exhibit alternate secrets and techniques, percentage privileged or personal details, damage transportation protection, or enable opposed parts to prevent defense controls.
The lethality of lone-wolf terrorism has reached an all-time excessive within the usa. remoted contributors utilizing firearms with high-capacity magazines are committing brutally effective killings with the purpose of terrorizing others, but there's little consensus on what connects those crimes and the motivations at the back of them.
Jihad has turn into a notice linked to terror, blood, and tragedy. but its unique that means refers to a way more inner conflict opposed to temptation to dedicate sin and evil deeds. How did this definition turn into so exterior and actually a conflict? This ebook explains how and why jihadist militancy and extremism became so irrevocably associated this present day.
- 2016 U.S. Intelligence Community Worldwide Threat Assessment - Clapper Testimony: Cyber Terrorism, Islamic State, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh, Syria, Nuclear and Missile Threats, Russia, Iran, North Korea
- Social Networks, Terrorism and Counter-terrorism: Radical and Connected (Contemporary Terrorism Studies)
- Improving the Planning and Management of U.S. Army Security Cooperation
- Understanding Terrorist Innovation: Technology, Tactics and Global Trends (Contemporary Terrorism Studies)
- The Politics of Empire: The US, Israel and the Middle East
- NATO and the Middle East: The Geopolitical Context Post-9/11 (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
Additional resources for Afghanistan Post-2014: Power configurations and evolving trajectories
Afghanistan Post-2014: Power configurations and evolving trajectories by Rajen Harshé,Dhananjay Tripathi