By Sun Hongmao
This e-book won't be an exhaustive survey protecting all elements of rational drug layout. as an alternative, it's going to offer severe information via real-world examples. appropriate case experiences can be awarded and analyzed to demonstrate the next: the best way to optimize a lead compound no matter if one has excessive or low degrees of structural info; tips on how to derive hits from rivals’ lively compounds or from traditional ligands of the objectives; how you can springboard from opponents’ SAR wisdom in lead optimization; tips on how to layout a ligand to intrude with protein-protein interactions via safely analyzing the PPI interface; how you can stay clear of IP blockage utilizing information mining; how one can build and entirely make the most of a knowledge-based molecular descriptor approach; how you can construct a competent QSAR version via concentrating on info caliber and correct choice of molecular descriptors and statistical techniques. A useful advisor to Rational Drug Design specializes in computational drug layout, with in simple terms uncomplicated insurance of biology and chemistry concerns, comparable to assay layout, objective validation and artificial routes.
- Discusses various tactics appropriate to day-by-day drug layout
- Readers can obtain the fabrics utilized in the booklet, together with constructions, scripts, uncooked information, protocols, and codes, making this booklet appropriate source for brief classes or workshops
- Offers a special perspective on drug discovery study as a result of the author’s cross-discipline schooling background
- Explores the author’s wealthy stories in either pharmaceutical and educational settings
Read Online or Download A Practical Guide to Rational Drug Design PDF
Similar biotechnology books
Asiatic Momordica includes 10 species of which three are monoecious and leisure dioecious. they're particular within the feel that each one are wild or cultivated greens with medicinal makes use of. Barring sour gourd, all are below applied greens with little examine and conservation efforts. during this publication, the authors have offered the on hand info on quite a few features of Asiatic Momordica like taxonomy, cytogenetics, crop development, foundation, ethnobotany and crop creation at one position.
It's been envisioned that almost 1/2 all human proteins are glycosylated indicating the importance of glycoproteins in human overall healthiness and illness. for instance, the glycans hooked up to proteins have emerged as very important biomarkers within the prognosis of illnesses akin to cancers and play an important function in how pathogenic viruses achieve access into human cells.
Foam fractionation is a separation strategy within which proteins and different amphipathic species adsorb to the outside of bubbles. The bubbles are then faraway from the answer within the type of foam on the most sensible of a column. as a result of its cost-effectiveness, foam fractionation has the possibility of swift advertisement development, particularly in biotechnology.
This ebook covers the basics of protein inactivation in the course of bioseparation and the impression on protein processing. Bioseparation of Proteins is exclusive since it offers a history of the bioseparation tactics, and it's the first booklet on hand to stress the impact of the several bioseparation techniques on protein inactivation.
- Synthetic Peptides as Antigens (Laboratory Techniques in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology)
- Molluscs: From Chemo-ecological Study to Biotechnological Application: 43 (Progress in Molecular and Subcellular Biology)
- Plants as Factories for Protein Production
- Biotechnology in Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals
- Biocontrol Potential and its Exploitation in Sustainable Agriculture: Volume 2: Insect Pests: 002
Extra info for A Practical Guide to Rational Drug Design
A Practical Guide to Rational Drug Design by Sun Hongmao